Alterations to your dress
• Alterations fittings can be booked well in advance, at the time you place your order if necessary, so that you have plenty of time to make arrangements to fit in with work or holidays.
• Alterations fittings are currently available on weekdays between 9:30am and 5pm or up o 8pm on a Thursday, It is very important to note that we no longer offer alterations fittings on Saturdays or Sundays. We would like to stress this as we sincerely wish to avoid any disappointment at a later date.
• As a guide, we recommend that you allow at least 6-8 weeks before the wedding/occasion date for your first fitting. This then leaves plenty of time for the seamstress to carry out the work, and for you to come in for second and possibly third fittings.
• The number of fittings varies from bride to bride. Generally a bride will come for a first fitting, and then a second time to try on the dress after it has been altered, with a view to possibly collecting it that day. Sometimes a bride will need to come a third time, if there is quite a lot of work needed, so it is important that you are able to plan ahead for these dates.
• Please bring the shoes and underwear that you will be wearing on your occasion to every fitting. Alternatively we stock a range of shoes which you are welcome to try on at your fitting.
• Alterations are chargeable, and the amount you pay will vary according to how much work is needed. We have an alterations price list and will provide you with a quote on your first fitting so that you can see in advance the possible charges, however you are under no obligation to have you alterations carried out with us and are welcome to seek alternative quotes.
• We hope you find the above notes useful when planning your purchase, but if there is anything you wish to ask about you are very welcome to phone us on 01924 824 036. We will always do our best to accommodate you with any special arrangements, and will try to help make the process of ordering your gown as smooth and enjoyable as possible.