Ordering your dress
• Once you have said yes to the dress, we will measure your bust, waist, hips and length, and then use the suppliers size chart to decide which standard size is best to order for you.
• We will then write out an invoice for your order, and ask for a 50% deposit which can be paid by credit/debit card, BACs or cash .
Or we can arrange for you to pay by installments – please ask about our INTEREST FREE PAYMENT PLAN.
• Your dress is ordered from our suppliers and takes approximately 12 weeks for most bridesmaids and flower girl dresses, and 16-20 weeks for most bridal dresses to come into store. If your order is more urgent, a rush order can usually be arranged for which suppliers charge a rush fee of approximately £50-£75, depending on the supplier and type of dress.
• Once your dress arrives, we will check it over thoroughly and then contact you to arrange payment of the balance and dates for fittings, unless these have already been arranged at the time of order.
• Balances are due within two weeks of the dress arriving in to us. Alternatively the balance can be paid at the first fitting if this is within two weeks of the date the dress arrives.
• If your dress arrives and then your balance is due but it is too soon for alterations, we ask you to come in to try on (this is called a PRE-FIT) your gown before paying the balance. If having a PRE-FIT, please note that even though you are not seeing a seamstress that day, you would still need an appointment to ensure the changing room is free for you. We can offer you a PRE-FIT appointment from Monday to Friday.
• Alternatively you are welcome to book an alterations fitting on another day. Please allow 6-8 weeks before the event for your first fitting. If your event is sooner we will offer you a rush alteration service if available. (Please note that in the busiest months we may not be able to offer a rush alteration service, but can recommend local dressmakers to you.)