Ordering your dress
• Once you have said yes to the dress, we will measure your bust, waist and hips, and then use the designers size chart to decide which bridal size is best to order for you.
• We will then write out an invoice for your order and ask for a 50% deposit which can be paid by credit/debit card, BACs or cash. Or set you up a payment plan to spread the cost.
• Your dress is ordered from our designers and takes approximately 16 weeks for most bridesmaids and flower girl dresses, and 16-20 weeks for most bridal dresses to come into store. If your order is more urgent, a rush order can usually be arranged for which suppliers charge a rush fee of approximately £50-£75, depending on the designer and type of dress.
• Once your dress arrives, we will check it over thoroughly and then contact you to arrange payment of the balance and dates for fittings, unless these have already been arranged at the time of order.
• Balances are due within two weeks of the dress arriving in to us. Alternatively, the balance can be paid at the first fitting if this is within two weeks of the date the dress arrives.
• If your dress arrives and then your balance is due, but it is too soon for alterations, we ask you to come in to try on (this is called a PRE-FIT or arrival appointment) your gown before paying the balance. If having a PRE-FIT, please note that even though you are not seeing a seamstress that day, you would still need an appointment to ensure the changing room is free for you. We can offer you a PRE-FIT appointment from Monday to Friday.
• Alternatively, you are welcome to book an alteration fitting on another day. Please allow 6-8 weeks before your big day for your first fitting. If your event is sooner, we will offer you a rush alteration service if available. (Please note that in the busiest months we may not be able to offer a rush alteration service but can recommend local seamstresses to you.)